AERIAL YOGA INSTRUCTOR TRAINING – MARCH 2018
Cary Hot Yoga is proud to present a comprehensive Aerial Yoga Teacher training program for existing Aerial Yoga Students.
Our program consists of three phases:
Aerial Yoga Proficiency
Gaining experience practicing Aerial Yoga. Complete a minimum of 20 hours Aerial yoga class training and practice at Cary Hot Yoga.
Aerial yoga is a combination of the art of aerial silks and the classic practice of yoga. Our regular yoga practice is often so confined to solitude; the small island of our yoga mats where there is a tendency to take asana too seriously. Aerial yoga takes everything we land-yogis know about mind-body awareness and throws it out the window. And yes, going upside down with little to no control of your body in space is terrifying… but the small adrenaline rush that comes with it makes it all worth while.
Aerial practice requires students to engage fully with the pose and use their core in ways they may not have previously imagined were possible. In some poses, when gravity is removed from the equation, different muscles are used sometimes with more intensity than they would otherwise.
Many students may come to aerial yoga because they’ve struggled on the mat and have even sustained injury to their shoulders, wrists, or spine. The weightlessness of an aerial practice provides extra support, liberating a student from any modifications they may have had to practice on the ground.
Phase I will allow you to explore different yoga postures on the ground as well as in the air with the hammock.
If you have been practicing aerial yoga at a different location other than Cary Hot Yoga, you can skip Phase one as long as you can demonstrate proficiency for all aerial fundamentals.
Aerial Yoga Instructor Training.
Cary Hot Yoga’s Aerial Yoga Teacher Training program is a comprehensive 8-day (40 hour) training designed for current yoga students that teaches the how and why of integrating the aerial yoga hammock into their current yoga knowledge. It may be used as continuing education for current yoga instructors, whether or not you have interest in teaching aerial yoga. Cary Hot Yoga’s Aerial Yoga uses the aerial hammock as a tool to explore and inform floor asanas, and in this program we will examine over 100 different postures and how the floor and air postures inspire each other. You will also learn how to put together an aerial yoga class, safety and spotting techniques, rigging for aerial yoga, and how to work with a variety of populations.
2019 Training Schedule
May 25, 26
June 8, 9, 22, 23, 29, 30
Sat 2:0pm – 7:00pm
Sun 8:00am – 2:00pm
ONLY 8 SLOTS AVAILABLE FOR PHASE II
Internship Teaching at Cary Hot Yoga
Completing up to 10 hours internship at Cary Hot Yoga or until you can teach a class on your own. Gaining teaching experience in real class environment.
The Course Break Down
How to create a class sequence that is balanced and logical
· Learning aerial yoga moves with focus on key engagements and proper alignment
· Aerial Yoga moves and their purposes – hip openers, forward folds, backbends, inversions
· Restorative versus Strengthening poses in aerial classes
· Conditioning work using aerial apparatus
· Engaging proper muscles, strengthening and stretching in a safe range of movement
· How to balance a multi-level class.
· How to cue and offer modifications.
· How and when to assist.
· Assisting in classes.
· 3 hours of aerial yoga classes and observations (included in tuition).
· How to rig and maintain equipment.
· Peer teaching and feedback.
· Applied anatomy.
· Teaching up to 5 Aerial Yoga classes with supervision and feedback.
· Sequence writing.
· Personal Practice and Self Reflection
Criteria for obtaining an Aerial Yoga Teaching Certification from Cary Hot Yoga:
· Complete all three phases of the training (students with prior aerial experience might skip phase I – must be approved by program director).
· Pass the final written Aerial Yoga Teaching Competency at the end of Phase II.
· Pass the fundamental Anatomy for yoga teachers. Note: Students with a current valid yoga certification can omit this test. Students with no yoga teaching certification can study and schedule for this test before or after Phase I, II and II. He or she must pass this test to receive our certification.
$150 non-refundable application fee – will not be credited toward your tuition.
$150 non-refundable, non-transferable to another person or training date DEPOSIT to hold your spot – will be credited toward your tuition.
Phase I – Single Class/Class Pass or Cary Hot Yoga regular membership OR complete the application and Deposit to hold your spot for training and receive 10% discount on your class pass. Paid in full for Phase II training and receive 20% discount for Phase I classes.
Must register and log your classes.
$1800 Early Bird fee must be paid in full Before May 20, 2019
$2100 Late Fee after May 20, 2019
Early birds sve $300!
Tuition must be paid in full three weeks before Phase II’s start date.
If you are interested in payment plan, please contact our office for more details.
$900 cancellation fee if made before May 24, 2019
No refund after May 24, 2019
Include with tuition: Cary Hot Yoga’s Aerial Yoga Teaching Manual.
Not include with tuition: Anatomy book(s).
When you are ready to register, Click on Register Now button to proceed.
We will contact you to schedule a phone or in-person interview.
After completing this training, you will have the opportunity to teach Aerial Beginner Series or Restorative Aerial Yoga at Cary Hot Yoga.
Only 8 Spaces is available. Register Today!