MASTER THE 26 POSTURES
HEAD TO KNEE & STRETCHING POSE
• Hamstrings Trapezius
• Last 5 vertebra of the spine
• Sciatic nerve Hip joints
• Thymus Gland
• Digestive System
• Immune System
• Head to knee pose helps balance blood sugar levels and the metabolism.
• Improves flexibility of sciatic nerve and ankle, knee and hip joints.
• Enhances kidney function.
• Increases circulation to liver, spleen and pancreas.
• Stimulates thymus gland, digestion and immune system.
• Stimulates and tones the digestive organs, increases peristalsis, relieves constipation and other digestive problems.
• Regulates function of the pancreas, assisting those with diabetes or hypoglycaemia.
• Mobilizes joints and increases elasticity in the lumbar spine.
• Relieves compression of the spine and sciatica.
• Improves concentration and mental endurance.
• Reverses flow of kundalni energy, distributing it through the spine, improving creativity.
What is happening in the posture
Forehead-to-knee once again compresses the front side of the body deeply massaging the pancreas, helping to regulate blood sugar. The posture is like doing a seated standing head-to-knee and is a good opportunity to practice perfecting the form without worrying about balance. The kidneys are also extended in this posture helping with the function of the renal system. The final forward stretch helps to extend the legs and stretch the spine in a 360 degree angle. It is a pose that is incredibly effective for releasing tension from the hamstrings and the lower back.
Address: 972 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary NC