MASTER THE 26 POSTURES
STANDING HEAD-TO-KNEE POSE
• Quadriceps muscles
• Latissmus Dorsi
• Abdominal muscles
• Thyroid, Para-Thyroid
• Digestive organs
• Reproductive organs
• Builds strength through the body.
• Improves flexibility of sciatic nerve.
• Strengthens tendons
• Prevents wear and tear of knee cartilage though strengthening of soft tissues around the knee.
• Helps clear and prevent problems with digestion, including flatulence.
• Helps to develop balance.
• Helps maintain sugar levels through compression of the pancreas.Good for varicose veins.
• Balances sexual energy.
• Improves blood circulation throughout the body.
• Tones abdominal muscles and thighs.
• Improves your sex life through the massage of your reproductive organs.
• Helps to decrease varicose veins by exercising the long vein (great saphenous vein) running from the leg to the heart.
• Helps to build patience, determination and concentration.
• Helps to improve confidence and self-worth.
• Helps to calm and clear the mind.
What is happening in the posture
Standing head-to-knee builds great concentration and determination. As the knee locks, the contraction of the thigh creates a “suspension” of the knee joint, pulling bone away from bone. By maintaining the pose, the soft tissues surrounding the knee are strengthened helping to protect the cartilage of the knee. As you bend over, the proximity of the heart to the floor, puts pressure on the muscle, exercising the heart through elevating the heart rate. The completion of all four stages of the pose profoundly strengthens the body and mind, improving confidence, focus, patience and determination.
Address: 972 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary NC