New to Yoga?
Anyone can start Yoga at anytime in life!
Welcome! Congratulations on deciding to try something new! We are so happy that you’ve decided to join us. It is common to think that you have to be flexible, strong or experienced to try yoga. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. You are a perfect candidate for yoga no matter what. If you feel nervous, scared or a little intimidated, no problem. We all felt that way initially.
What to do
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day so you’re well hydrated before coming to class. Good hydration supports the healthy function of all of your body’s systems, and it makes the heat feel comfortable rather than overwhelming.
• Don’t eat heavily within 2 hours of the start of class.
• Arrive 15 – 20 minutes early for your first class. Please be sure to check in at the front desk. This gives us time for registration and orientation.
What to wear & bring
• Wear light, fitted exercise clothing such as sport bra/tank top, shorts or swimwear. Avoid sweats, long pants, heavy t-shirts.
• Bring a water bottle filled with ice water.
• A yoga mat, a large bath towel to put on top of your mat (yes! you will sweat and soak your towel)
• Extra towel for shower (If you don’t have yoga mat & towel, you can rent them at the front desk)
What to expect
• You might feel nervous and overwhelmed with new postures and the heat. Don’t be scared! Everybody had their first HOT yoga class. Stay in the back row so you can see experienced practitioners in the front row. Your objective for your first class is to stay in the room. Skip a few postures to allow your body to re-charge and then join in again.
• Take your second class within 24 hours. The second class will help you bypass any soreness you’d experience otherwise. We offer the introductory package good for 10 consecutive days. Take advantage of this package and practice as many classes as you can. Then you will experience for yourself how wonderful yoga makes you feel!
At Cary Hot Yoga, we believe change is growth. Keep in mind that it is your yoga “practice” not yoga “perfect”. Your practice is your journey. Each class you do, you will get more confident and more comfortable.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”. So, take your first step and join us!
Address: 972 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary NC