BEGINNER AERIAL YOGA FOR TEENS
Teenagers, perhaps more than anyone, need to ease the everyday stresses and pressures of their lives. Come and find out what all the buzz is about, why yoga is such a cool thing to be doing and learn a sequence of yoga moves. Cary Hot Yoga is somewhere for you to come and get in shape while soothing any daily stresses with yoga. A yoga or aerial class is the perfect pause in between the hectic worlds of school, friends, studying and partying.
Our teen classes are a combination of yoga & aerial yoga.
physical benefits of teens yoga & aerial
– Develops good posture and helps maintain a young person’s natural flexibility
– Supports growing bodies and tones the body, stabilising core muscles and maintaining joint mobility
– Supports the immune, respiratory, circulatory systems
– Prevents sports injury
– Improves co-ordination and balance
– Teaches the body how to relax
– Improves sleep
mental + emotional benefits of teens yoga & aerial
– Builds positive relationship with the body
– Improves concentration levels
– Improves anxiety through teaching of breathing techniques
– Releases day to day anxieties such as separation issues, bullying, lethargy and feelings of negativity
– Offers a space to release excess energy
– Brings clarity through relaxation techniques
– Gives experiences of stillness to the mind
– Improves memory retention
– Slows brain patterns, making information easier to absorb
– Creates a deeper sense of self and awareness
PREPARE FOR CLASS
Please wear fitted pants that cover the back of knees. BRING a cardigan or hoodie that can cover your underarms when needed. No jewelry or metal on clothing that may snag the fabric. Not for those with glaucoma, heart condition, spinal injuries, unmedicated high blood pressure, or who are pregnant. Do not eat at least 1.5 hours before class!
If you are unsure about your fitness level, the best place to start is an aerial yoga class to acclimate to the fabric, and then you can progress to aerial play & fitness.
Fun fitness series, specifically designed for ages 13-18, will get teens active, upside-down, and having a lot of fun. Classes are led by Rachel and each week is a progressive class beginning with the foundations of aerial (hammock) yoga, moving to yoga flow using hammock and working up to fun tricks including inversions. The class offers a new way to strengthen the mind and body connection.
Group of 5 or more $18/person
Group of 10 or more $15/person
Minimum students required: 4
Maximum capacity 12
FRIDAY FEB 8 – 6:45PM – 7:45PM
Register For Class Here